Thanks to Jane for all her focus and commitment to my case! There are good people in the world!
Repetitive Strain Injury (RSI)
(RSI) is usually associated with doing a particular activity repeatedly or for a long period of time. RSI can affect anyone, whatever sector or industry they work in. It can not only be painful and uncomfortable, but can have a significant impact on your ability to perform everyday tasks. RSI is one of the most common workplace injuries, and it often occurs among those who work for extended periods on keyboards or production lines.
- Carrying out repetitive manual work.
- Repetitive production line work with insufficient job rotation.
- Continuously typing for hours at a time.
- Office equipment being incorrectly laid out (such as your chair, desk and computer), particularly if no ergonomic assessment is made.
There are two main types of RSI:
- Type 1: When a doctor can diagnose a recognised medical condition like carpal tunnel syndrome, bursitis, or tendonitis. Symptoms can include swelling and inflammation of the muscles or tendons, or numbness, tingling and pins and needles in the hand and fingers.
- Type 2: When a doctor cannot diagnose a medical condition from the symptoms although you still have a feeling of pain, sometimes called non-specific pain syndrome.
If you have been diagnosed with an RSI condition, Sunderland Personal Injury Solicitors Treanors can help with your compensation claim. We have made many successful industrial disease claims for clients in Sunderland, Newcastle, Washington and throughout Tyne and Wear, Co. Durham, Cleveland and Northumberland. Get in touch with our specialist personal injury solicitors for more advice.
We can help you claim
- Compensation for your condition
- Wage loss
- Travel expenses
- Surgery costs
- Physiotherapy fees
- Medical costs
- Care costs